| Shaws Point
In Loui Hoecker Pasture
Sec. 29- T. 10 - R. 6 SW 1/4 of NE 1/4
Wrote June 26, 1940
There are 6 Graves in this little Cem. There are 3 stones, but there was no writing on any of them. It is situated East of the Highway running North and South Past Loui Hoecker's Farm, also the same Public Highway that goes by Rural Cemetery. It is 1/4 of a mile East of this Highway In a Blue Grass pasture on top of a hill, South and East about 200 ft from the Hoecker Spring which will water 500 head of cattle the yr around. This is just a Family Cemetery, has been no one buried there for Seventy yrs. The farm formally was owned by Mr. Sam Dugger, The Father of Mrs. Hoecker. Mrs. Hoecker Hired the farm from her Father. There is no fence around it, has not been for many yrs. There never was no deed to it. There never was no deed or exception either In Mr. Duggers deed nor In the Deed to Mrs. Hoecker.
Information obtained from Mr. Louis Hoecker. Interviewed 6 People about cem.
Size of Cem. 30 by 40 ft.
This cemetery information was found in the Gillespie Cemetery Folder.
Asst County Coordinator Kathleen Mirabella
©1996-2017 All rights reserved.
Copyright of submitted items belongs to those responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise assigned.
Any commercial use or any use for which money is asked or paid for any reason is strictly prohibited.